At GSC we are enthusiastic problem solvers. We like to inspire and educate companies on how to leverage 3D engineering technology to advance manufacturing, drive innovation, and fuel new product development. We love to provide solutions that will enhance our customer's design process. We are passionate about we do. All of GSC is focused on customer satisfaction through ideation, inspiration, motivation, and innovation to achieve excellence!
The DriveWorks Applications Engineer delivers comprehensive pre and post-sales support for GSC’s customers regarding DriveWorks products. This position performs the implementation of DriveWorks products, serves as technical support, and provides effective training sessions to our customers.
The preferred location for this position is our Green Bay office. We will consider our Germantown office as well.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Specializes in understanding the DriveWorks products and provides recommendations for the best solutions to meet GSC’s customer needs
- Works with the Customer Service and Business Development teams to support pre and post-sales efforts
- Analyzes customer needs, prepares specifications, designs modifications, and makes recommendations leading to the most efficient use of DriveWorks solutions
- Coordinates and executes the installation of the software and the technical service for customers
- Provides technical support in person and via phone
- Provides technical training and consulting to customers
- Works with the Technical Services team to determine project assignments, report project status, and collaborate on problem-solving.
DESIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Solid experience using 3D CAD software, SOLIDWORKS Highly preferred
- Experience using DriveWorks software
- Prior technical support experience in a software related field
- Understanding of engineering processes and terms.
- Mechanical design experience desired
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Customer focused approach
- Some understanding of computer networking and hardware
- Skilled at problem-solving, basic project management, basic negotiation, and effective written/oral communication
- Ability to travel locally and in the region
- 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering field
- 2+ years of professional PDM experience highly preferred
- 2+ years of professional DriveWorks experience highly preferred
GSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer